Kick Off Your Shoes And Have A Seat
I have been on my own for well over a year now and I still don't have any furniture. I didn't want to spend money putting furniture in my old place, because I hated that dump. I wanted to save up money and decorate my new place, in which I'm in now and turn it into my dream apartment. So far, so good. The layout 780 sq ft 1 bedroom 1 bath is perfect for me. The closet is gigantic and the kitchen is wide open! I was in love the complex the first time I stumbled upon it looking for KFC. I claimed it as soon as I laid eyes on it. I went to check them out and tour the place and this only escalated my determination. Come to find out I got a discount on the rent for being a Comcast employee, so I was stoked all the way.


I've been trying to buy things to contribute to the decoration of it every week when I have time. My bedroom is basically done; the only thing that's missing is a painting of some sort and a TV stand for the flat panel. I'm in the process of working on the bathroom now. I've decided to go with earth tone colors, because it is out of my norm. I've always been a black and white girl. I wanted to add a little color to my life in any way possible. There was a furniture store that I was planning on buying my living room and dining room set from, but the place closed down a couple weeks ago. However a co-worker of mine hipped me to another place right down the street from my apartment. I was looking on the website today and found a few pieces that I might choose between. Check them out.



I like this one...




This is actually my number one choice!



Dig this one...


Dig this one too...


So far those are my choices. I think I'll be able to work with those in my place. This weekend I plan to go out and take a look at them in person and possibly make a purchase. I'm not the decorating type, but I've been actually having fun with this. Pretty soon, I'll have my dream apartment and I'll be living the good life!


Labels: , | edit post
4 Responses
  1. Go with your first mind on that furniture! Love it!

    Sounds like you and your mom had fun on Mother's Day! I also went to church my moms, then I cooked her dinner and she made (STRONG!) drinks...yum!

    Lastly, I am mad at you! I was reading Nikki Part 1 on this jacked up Blackberry of mine and was thinking as I was reading, "Oh no, I hope my phone let's me comment!" Only to find it was fiction (!) at the end!!! LOVED THE WRITING, though!
    (Sorry so long-had to comment on 4 blogs at once).

    Lol!


  2. Mizrepresent Says:

    I like your choice #1, and i love earth colors, simply because they just soothe me...warm browns, soft orange, golden yellows, like a fall day...girl i've been in my place for almost 2 years now and i haven't really did any redecorating, but i'm feeling the mood to soften it up a bit, to make it me...but first my patio furniture, bc i love to sit out on a full moon night and just comtemplate the possibilites...yep that's me...always look for a silver lining. Have fun shopping and decorating.


  3. Lady: Yes me and my mother had a wonderful time. I'll have to cook for her one day as you did for you mom. I'm glad you two enjoyed yourself as well. Lol! Yes Nikki is fiction. Glad you figured that out before Part II, lol.

    Miz: Yeah, I think I'm going to go with my first choice. I truly need to get some patio furniture as well so I can sit out there sometimes.


  4. SHE_UNIQUE Says:

    Darnit, I cant see the pictures. I shall return.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)