College Wednesday - Know Somebody Like This?
Welcome to College Wednesday where we summarize 99% of the people who you'll ever meet in college or in your everyday life. This week we're going to discuss a very serious issue. We introduce The Facbook Addict and The Facebook Zombie:





Facebook Addict - The Facebook Addict often makes references to who changed/added what, and who "it's complicated" with who. Most of their sentences begin with "omg did you see ________ on his/her wall?" and end with "Tag it!" They check Facebook every chance they get, only to get pissed when they don't have a new wall post from when they last checked it 18 seconds ago. They are amazed by those who mini-feed say they have "no recent activity" and how they have such self control. The Facebook Addict often joins many groups and is only moments away from becoming The Facebook Zombie.



I don't know about the rest of you, but I for one HATE Facebook! I remember when it was only for college students and you couldn't even be part of the site if you didn't a college email address, linking you to the school as proof. Now that it's open to everyone, the shit has gone insane.

Mark Zuckerberg Founder and CEO of Facebook




Mark Z. and his friends came up with this amazing idea for students at Harvard. People loved it, so they decided to branch it out to other schools. Time goes by and the dude is a millionaire! People are hooked to this site. I thought Myspace was bad! Here is a way you can keep up with old high school and college classmates and a way you can't escape from them, in my case. I can't even tell you the last time I logged onto Facebook, because I kept getting messages from an old school mate telling me how horrible it was for me to have turned gay and then in the same message telling me she wanted to come spend the night with me! I can't say that I was or ever will be a Facebook addict, especially now that it's so commercialized and all these applications have been added. I did know a few addicts, but I think they've gone through a 12 step program an no longer harass me about accepting invitations and responding to wall posts. Thank goodness!

The Facebook Zombie - This person comes to class every single time, yet spends 100% of class time on their laptop. They believe that if one comes to class, one will somehow absorb telepathically from the professor. They usually are on Facebook, Forums (Many are Goons) Some sort of RPG, Solitaire, you name it. The important thing, though, is that they are not paying attention to class at all, ever! They tend to hover in the back, and have ultra quick minimizing reflexes if a lone TA should wander back there.

Now this is sad; not only are you not learning a damn thing, you're wasting your life away on this annoying site! What could one possibly do all day on FACEBOOK?! This is beyond me. I've been one to take my laptop to class and I'm not going to lie; I will be on Myspace, which is now played out horribly! A few of my professors had a rule of turning off all laptops during the lecture, because they knew what was going on. This is good, because I really did need to be paying attention just as The Facebook Zombie does!

This concludes this week's College Wednesday. I hope everyone has a splendid day! See ya next week.

0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)