God Bless America - Weekly Re-Cap

America is definitely NOT free, but I'm not complaining because due to the fact that someone spread this rumor we got a 3 day weekend out of it! Anticipation of this weekend got me through my work week. I actually had a good week too.

I suffered through my little loneliness phase, but thank goodness I regained my sanity and I'm over that spell. I have learned in order to keep the spice in my life, I must roam into areas that I never thought about roaming before. It's okay to get out of my comfort zone at times. I plan to live a little bit more starting this weekend. I also learned that just because I grant someone with an all access pass to my heart doesn't mean they will physically be in my life forever. Absence truly does make the heart grow fonder. I've learned that everyone will not understand me, and me trying to force my logic, desires and beliefs onto them doesn't work. Sometimes I just need to shut up, take heed to the signs and learn when it's time to let go and let time do it's thing. Meanwhile, I have to continue to live life and let other's live their own. Great lessons this week, can't wait to see what I learn next week.




This weekend is going to be quite fun filled and eventful. After I get off work tonight, I plan on going out to what used to be my Friday night spot. I'm not even going to bother ringing up anyone to accompany me; I'm going by my damn self. Buy myself a couple martinis and enjoy my night. I know I'll run into more than a few people I know and kick it with them throughout the night.

Saturday I have some cleaning to do, but I also plan to squeeze in a little shopping before I have to go to work that night. I may just stay in Saturday night, I'm not sure yet. Usually I just wait and see what pops off, but if nothing does I always enjoy my time spent at home.

Sunday I'm going to a get together with some co-worker/friends. This is my first time hanging out with them outside the office and outside an occasional lunch here and there. This should be interesting. Of course for the most part I'm the only face of a different race in the office, so I know they way "they" party is something definitely outside of my norm, loll. They plan on getting a slip-n-slide as part of the festivities aside from drinking the night away and grilling up some chow.


This is the one that they want to get...

But this is probably what it'll probably end up being...


I will not be getting on the damn thing regardless. I want to go mingle, drink, eat and see exactly how long I can stand to be around, loll. If they start acting a fool, I am out of there. I want to actually come into work on Tuesday morning and be able to look these people in the eye. I can't stay late anyway, because I have date with my big Sis on Sunday night. She's supposed to be spending the remainder of the weekend with me. I'm going to try and talk her into spending the night at our parents house Sunday night. I don't have ANY food in my apartment, and I know exactly where to get the free food and the home cooked meals, loll. So as a matter of fact, whether she likes it or not, that is where we will be come Sunday night right on into Monday morning. My Dad usually BBQ's on Memorial Day, so I'll definitely be sticking around for that.

I can't wait for the weekend to start. I'm about to go into that mode right now! I wish everyone a safe and fun filled Memorial Day weekend! Do everything I WOULDN'T do!

Labels: | edit post
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)