College Wednesday - Know Somebody Like This?
Happy Hump Day! It's been a short week, but I am still glad is half way over. I have been quite attitudinal this morning, so I want to use this post to bring some humor into my day. So with that said, welcome to College Wednesday. It's here that we summarize 99% of the people who you'll ever meet in college or in life. This week we introduce The Faculty Member and The Fashion Monger.





The Faculty Member - This is a student who has become very involved and uses his major as a replacement for a social life. He may, or may not work in the department office, but you'll see him wandering around the office anyway, chatting up the actual faculty. Maybe having lunch in the waiting area. He's only annoying when you actually have a class with him and he takes on the role of a teaching assistant.



Maybe I shouldn't call this person a loser. I mean even though they have no social life what so ever, they seem to have no friends, they spend 99% of time outside of class at a place where they do not work doesn't classify them as loser right? Perhaps this individual views him or herself as investing their time. I'm sure the actual faculty members who happen to work in the department view this person as wasting their time. Who is this person?! Do they even work here? Why are you so happy on Friday when we all get paid? Are you even on the payroll?! Who invited you to the company party?! Security has been called on numerous occasions to remove this person from the building. They keep coming back like a nasty infection. This person wants so much to be a part of something and they play many roles as a leader, when it's obvious that they are not.


The Fashion Monger - The Fashion Monger is on the bleeding edge of fashion! While having some nice clothes is something everyone should invest in, Fashion Monger's entire wardrobe has been purchased from stores so hip that you've never even heard of them. Apparently, it's "hip" and "with it" to pay $500 for jeans that were hand stitched by the hardworking people of Taiwan. And, as we all know, $50 for a silk-screened t-shirt is completely a reasonable price, as long as it was designed by a gay Italian man. yes, nothing says, "I have too much money and not enough common sense" quite like buying clothes with fancy designer labels that are marked up 1000%!

Personally, I don't see the sense in spending hundreds of dollars on one piece of clothing. Some say I might have a different opinion if I actually had the money to throw on it. I doubt I would lose common sense right after I gain wealth. Who knows though? I have been known to blow $600 - $800 in one trip to the mall, but this was on a number of items. Not on one pair of jeans, one pair of shoes, a handbag, or one dress. It doesn't get that good, loll. At this point in my life, I won't be spending this type of cash at the mall. I get the things that I need and the things that are affordable. I do believe in having a nice wardrobe; I am no tacky woman, but let's be reasonable here. All my friends are broke, so if they are into fashion they piece their own design together from what they already have at home, lmao! Now that's fashion!

It's lunch time! See ya'll next week.
3 Responses
  1. James Tubman Says:

    when i that loser finger was pointing at me i actually thought that ui was a loser for a second lol

    i hope i'm not one

    what is your definition of a loser


  2. Lol, I sure you're not a loser. Who am I to say who is and who isn't a loser. To be honest I define a loser as one who does not take care of responsibilty, one who is full of excuses and one who basically has no life what so ever. But again, that is my opinion.


  3. Meshia Says:

    i'm sure he is a loser. but who cares. Now that Fashion Monger statement was tooo toooo true. The funny thing we fail to realize while spending a small fortune on an item of clothing is that the supermodels we emulate shop at second hand stores. Fashion's not in the cash Hunnay It's in the ENSEMBLE. 2 snaps and a Twirl. Meow


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)