The Discovery Of Borrowed Perception


"The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeing new landscapes, but in having new eyes, in seeing the universe with the eyes of another, of hundreds of others, in seeing the hundreds of universes that each of them sees."

- Marcel Proust

I've voiced many times on how much of a people person I am NOT, but how I love the study of people. I find humans to be very interesting, because there are so many different characters, personalities, and cultures out there to explore. Each person has their own perspective on life and things in life. That is intriguing within itself. Take the blog world for instance; I will sit and read so many blogs throughout my day and some of them happen to be on the same topics, but the opinions and perspectives are different. Each person may learn a different lesson with the same situation. That peaks my interest.

When I see art; I sit and I think about how I view it and what that particular piece brings forth out of me, but also what others may be seeing when they look at it. This goes with poetry, and music as well. The human brain is amazing and it is so powerful. Sometimes I look at newborn babies and I wonder what their personality will be like. What will they believe in? I wonder what their first thoughts were when they opened their eyes in this big scary world. Unfortunately my memory does not go back that far, loll.

It would be so dull to just look at things from one perspective. Explore. Looking at things from how other's may look at them has helped me to become more understanding and has helped me to be more patient. This voyage of discovery has been great thus far. There are so many more things in my life that will be introduced to me and so many people whose perception I will borrow to help me understand them. Something I surely look forward to.




2 Responses
  1. I agree.

    You can learn so much about people from watching (and ultimately, I think we can learn a lot about ourselves from others).

    Funny, I was just thinking today about how amazing the human body is earlier today and you're thinking the same about the mind/brain.

    We're in reflective moods, eh?


  2. Yeah, I think so, loll. Yes ma'm, the human body is indeed amazing!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)