Avoid Confrontation

For some reason I woke up a little disturbed. You know how you have a situation with someone where all you both can do is agree to disagree? Unfortunately, that does not stop you from still being pissed off about it. It's true that somethings we just don't have the power to do on our own. There are two way streets in friendships and relationships. I have been dealing with the fact that for going on 2 months now, I have been still making someone a priority when it comes to my thoughts, when I am painfully aware of the fact that I'm an option in their thoughts. I have always been a late reactor when it comes to my emotions. Some shit can go down and I'll be as calm as the sea, a week later I'm mad as hell, loll. I don't know why it takes things so long to phase me, if they phase me at all. I just have learned my lesson with jumping to conclusion and getting mad over ridiculous shit, so I just remain calm and peep the scene before I decide to show any emotion.

Aquarius - June 3, 2008
There is some tension in the air today, dear Aquarius. Even though none of it is your doing, you may want to keep a rather low profile, especially if you need to work. Try to avoid getting into any kind of discussions. Just because someone gets confrontational does not mean that you have to take the bait. It would be much better if you did not. Keep to yourself and tomorrow all of this will have blown over. It will be safe to start mingling with others again.


I pray every morning, and I ask God for patience, but sometimes Him and I just don't see eye to eye on this whole time thing. I try not to question His timing, but of course as a human I want things done right then and there. It hardly ever happens that way, but oddly enough, it happens at the right time. On the drive to work this morning, I tried to escape my angry thoughts to no prevail. I have no doubt in my mind that today will be a good day. I took a flex day off from Comcast tonight; which I think was a good idea for more reasons than one.


So today I shall avoid confrontation and try not to go off on anyone, loll. Even though I did shed a few tears this morning, I'm smiling. I'm jamming my Chrisette Michelle and I'm going to try to get through this huge pile of CRAP on my desk. If anyone does happen to come at me out the side of their neck today, I'll just roll with the punches.
7 Responses
  1. Thanks for stopping by my place and adding me to your blogroll (I do not mind at all).

    Girl please I use to be the queen of confrontation, but in my old age I have decided its not worth it. Folks are going to be ornery and all up in your face may as well just say a prayer or chant and keep living.


  2. P.S Chrisette Michele is the TRUTH. Go to renaissanceblackwoman.blogspot and read her little ditty about being second in someone life.


  3. You're right, it is a matter of prayer that will help resolve all problems. I read Eb's blog earlier this morning and I had to truly thank her for that post, because I needed it. I'm good for putting people first who have me 2nd and 3rd. That needs to stop.

    Oh and yes ma'am Chrisette Michele is the truth!


  4. YIKES! theres a lot of this going around. it seems my post yesterday snowballed....and it stinks when you're on the receiving end of someone else's cold shoulder.

    BUT we must never lose the lesson in such misfortune. be strong about it and never forget YOUR worth to others b/c it seems that once someone realizes they can do whatever they please, nothing will deter them, except a change in your sail...shoot, if people cant appreciate you, its their loss. that realization keeps me from the urges of slandering them or slashing tires or something-lol!


  5. Wow @ you reading my mind. Girl I have thought of slandering and slashing tires, because I'm so pissed off about some things. However you're right, if people can't see my worth, it is surely their loss. Thank you so much for your kind words.


  6. honeyBee Says:

    Wow, at your zodiac! That is insane. Lmaoo. Sounds like our discussion from yesterday. But you know yourself, some day's will be better than others. Things will happen, just be patient. Focus on you. You are beautiful, inside & out, love yourself unconditionally they way you deserve to be loved. :D


  7. Lol, thanks. Yeah we did talk about this yesterday huh? You're right though, thanks for the first comment B. Swagger lacker! Love ya!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)