What's Your Purpose In Life
Didn't I just write a quote of the month blog last week? It's already August?! What happened to the summer? I guess that's what happens when your days run into each other as mine do. Well, lets see; last month I wrote on the topic of peace and understanding. I tried to incorporate this into my days during the month of July and I believed it helped me out a little bit. I do that feel that it was a peaceful month for me and nothing was obtained by force, but only through understanding. Einstein paved the way last month and I've decided to let my cousin, your cousin, everybody's cousin; Norman Cousins pave the way this month.

"If something comes to life in others because of you, then you have made an approach to immortality." - Norman Cousins

I've seen many surveys posted on this site, MySpace and have even been asked in job interviews a very interesting question; what is one thing you want to accomplish before you leave this earth? Many people say they'd like to raise a family, become wealthy and successful, make sure that they're just a good person when they go on. Well in my opinion, I don't think that my life was all that fulfilling if I do not leave this earth without touching the soul, heart and mind of at least one person I've crossed paths with.

Immortality; meaning never dying or a famous person or thing. How many famous actors, singers, rappers, authors, politicans and so forth do we know that has passed away that is still being mentioned today? They are still living within many people still walking around on earth. That's what I want to do. I don’t want the fame and the luxuries can be kept. I just want to reach people through what I do. I want to be remembered for the words that I've written and for the person who I am. I want to live on within friends, family, co-workers, strangers; whomever I've crossed paths with, physically or mentally.

So what is your purpose in life? Is it to help others? Is it to teach others? Is it to give to others? Do you want to only be remembered for what you had? What you took? Or what you gave? Think about it…
2 Responses
  1. Let me be the 1st to congratulate you on accomplishing your life goal. i've only been on blogspot for a month and already you've touched my heart with you words.

    Good Well Done!

    I look forward in the future to being continously touched by you and your creative yet inciteful lyrics of life.

    And when you help and teach others you are giving them something. You've blessed them with life long education that otherwise they may not have experienced. So If you can teach someone anything, or help another with everything (ie your sister), you'l be giving alot more than just what they're asking. And if you truly want to help you sister, teach her how to be what ever it is you expect her to be or become.

    A lesson learned is knowledge earned.


  2. Thank you so much girl. After I wrote this blog, I found myself a little down about my sister, but all in all, I know this will help her make it a step further in her own journey.

    Your blogs touch me as well. I have them as a feed in my Outlook and I enjoy reading every one of them.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)