Exploration + Experience = Wisdom
My emotions are in an uproar this afternoon. I still can't phantom the lost of Bernie Mac and now Isaac Hayes. These were two great and extremely talented men that has contributed to the entertainment and joy of many. I guess the loss of all people that have brought joy to my life in some way caused me to drop a few tears this afternoon. I know that death is a part of life, but the suffering behind it all is indescribable. It's something that I try not to think about, because it only makes me angry that I cannot control it. I won't be able to control my emotions once it happens and I cannot prevent it from happening at all. It’s the biggest bullet that people have to bite. Man oh man; what an afternoon. I started off writing about 3 blogs this morning and became stuck in one spot on all of them. When my emotions are torn like this, I get all discombobulated and can't seem to focus my own thoughts and can't seem to form them in sentence structure. So I kept thinking about what can be pulled out of all of my emotions today, and wisdom came to mind. Gaining wisdom through life's experience. Ansel Adams is who I chose to quote today.

"In wisdom gathered over time I have found that every experience is a form of exploration." - Ansel Adams

With every situation that we go through in life, something positive should be pulled out of it. A lesson should be learned and wisdom should be gained. Every problem that we face should be explored from all perspectives, and just letting the problem over power you should never be an option. Using problems as an excuse for negative connotations in your life should never be an option either.

Someone whose opinion I value; told me that I acted as if I had everything together and basically that nothing could phase me. We came to the common ground that everyone is different and everyone handles things in life differently. I however, choose not to let people or things pose as a critical problem for me. If in fact they do become a life altering problem, then best believe I will be leaning towards the positive side of it all. It's enough shit in the world that are causing all of our lives to be shortened, and I don't need my own self battles to be one of them. So I gather up the wisdom that I've learned through my past experiences, the experiences of loved ones and I push through it. Sometimes I may even have to crawl through it, but I get to the other side no matter what. Never stop moving.

So to everyone who feels my nonchalant attitude is a problem or who feel as if I think I'm better than them, that's not true. I choose to handle things differently in my life and that's the bottom line. I can't ride the emotional rollercoasters that I use to ride, my wisdom and ever growing common sense won't allow me to do such. The people in my life that choose to ride such coasters can do so without me sitting there next to them. I will be here when they get off, because I accept the fact that people grow at different points in life. My friend helped me to realize that just because I may see things at a certain perspective in life at this time, does not mean that everyone else will. Some people may have to go through the same problems more than once before they learn the true lesson in such problems. The wisdom isn't always gained the first go round.

However, I can't live any differently that what I'm living today, because of the simple fact that this is me. This is what Tamica Nicole consists of today. I'm proud of my accomplishments and appreciative of all the things that I've gone through in my past and the wisdom gained from such situations. I can only hope that everyone gets to a stage in their life where they've accepted their past and do not become idle in their problems and use them as an excuse to act out. So if there is anything that I took from my conversation with that special woman yesterday; it was not to pass so much judgement on people because they have not reached a certain stage in life; no matter what their age is. In the same breath, I hope that judgement is not passed upon me, because I'm accepting of my life's issues, confident in myself and refuse to let such temporary issues and people control my emotions. Everyone was created with their own special design and timeline. I respect and appreciate this fact. So to you ma'am, thanks for checking me and laying that wisdom down on me. It has been stored for future reference.
Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. everyone TRULY is different...that is the beauty in life. and for some reason, the deaths of bernie mac and isaac hayes are throwing a lot of people off. they just seemed strangely familial to a lot of us....


  2. Mizrepresent Says:

    We grow from our pain, frustrations and misgivings...this is life...life ain't no crystal stair for nobody, even those born with a silver spoon, or plat in their teeth, we all suffer. If you don't learn and grow from your sufferings then you are stagnant, and you can't really achieve your goals, or make your dreams come true. So, you are on point...life is...and babygirl it most definitely IS what we make it!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)