I Might Get "Hyphy"

Hyphy is a word I learned just recently from my "lady friend" (sorry babe). Of course she is from California, because we don’t say shit like that down here in Texas. The first time she told me not to get "hyphy" with her, I had to stop talking, because I didn't know what the hell she just said to me. I was at a loss for words. I've never understood most of the things that Californians said, especially E-40. So of course I looked the word up, because I was wondering how does one get hyphy. I mean I used my context clues, but I needed a solid definition. Of course Wikipedia would inform me of such tomfoolery.

"An individual is said to "get hyphy" when they act or dance in an overstated, fast paced, and ridiculous manner."

"Those who consider themselves part of the Hyphy movement would describe this behavior as "getting stupid" or "going dumb.""

"In contrast to much of popular American culture where these phrases would be considered negative or even insulting, Hyphy is distinguished by taking this kind of behavior as a form of pride."

With the way I am feeling today, I just might have to get "hyphy". I am go glad it's Friday though. I'm cramping like a muthafucka and I just want to crawl up under my sheets and watch The L Word. I don't feel like "ghost riding the whip" (definite way to run yourself over with your own car) today.

Aquarius - August 22, 200

8It may be necessary for you to stand up for yourself today, dear Aquarius. Don't hesitate to get aggressive with someone if this is what it takes to get through to him or her. Just make sure that you are basing your action on facts that you know to be true. The reality of the situation could be a bit clouded, so make sure you proceed with care. There is an electric energy in the air that will help fuel your fire.


It probably would been smart to take the evening off from Comcast today, but I have some vacation time coming up next month that I'm totally stoked about. I need it. Anyway, I plan to pray away such feelings no matter what I encounter today. I feel bad right now, because my friend asked me to go to the club with her tonight, and I REALLY don't want to. I know I have plans to have a movie night with some other friends tonight as well, but I feel bad about not hooking up with Regina. I miss my friend and I just told her on our lunch date earlier this week that we had to start hanging out more. Here she is trying to make arrangements for us to do so, and I can't and don't want to go. If only she didn't want to always go to the club. I am SO over the club scene. Seriously. Congregating with a bunch of promiscuous lesbians just makes my skin crawl now days. I'll pass. I hope she understands. Hope I don't have to get "hyphy" with her, loll.

So I'm going to lay low this weekend. Go to work and probably chill out at the parents house. I may ride out with my sister to see her new place. Yes man, she got a place! She met her deadline of August 31st. She'll be out on the 29th. Go sis! I'm proud of her. She did what she had to do and got her shit together. So maybe we'll go see if we can get her furniture out of storage. Other than that, I'm staying inside. I'm going into Vampire Mode. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Labels: , | edit post
1 Response
  1. WTF (Who The Fuck) goes ghost riding by themselves? Thats fuckin askin for a bumper on ya back and a tire on ya ass. Dumb Fucks.

    Sorry had to get that off my chest.

    But i lived in Cali for a few years and the lingo was all jacked up. When i moved back down south, people kept askin me where I was from. "Got Damnit, I'm from Florida!" but the worst thing is...now that i've been all across this country, I have EVERY accent! people in the south ask me am I from up Norht, people up north tell me I'm soooo country, and west coast people still don't make no sense to me (Freakn Snoop Dogg, E~40 & Too Short etc)

    But I'm still weak from the ghost riding the whip thing.

    Enjoy getting "hyphy" this weekend.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)