Funhouse
Well I'm here stuck at work and not too happy about it. Comcast has scheduled everyone and their mother for overtime today, and nobody is calling! I hate when they do that, because it makes my night go by so slow. It's bad enough that I have to be here on a Saturday night anyway. Oh well, the money has to be made; that's for sure. I am a little weirded out today, because of the news on Bernie Mac's death. Just a couple days ago, it was declared as a rumor and it was said that he was doing better. Now he's dead. Pneumonia is no joke! We seem to be losing a lot of black stars. Well not just black, we are losing a lot of people period. It just proves that now is the time to get right or get left. Enough of that though, I'm not trying to be depressed at the moment.

So I've been dealing with having my Sister around my apartment, and it's not all that bad I guess. She does stay out of the way and she cleans up after herself; it just all boils down to me wanting what is best for her. I am trying to have patience though. Most know how hard that is for me to obtain, but I've come a long way with it in my opinion. I just released myself from a situation with someone that has taught me a lot in only a 2 week time period. It taught me to truly check myself and how I handle people, because it truly is unattractive. It taught me that sometimes even the most intellectual people can be the craziest people. It taught me that my nonchalant attitude really causes pain for some people. It taught me to truly learn to communicate no matter how much a fool the other party is acting. It taught me that if changes aren't made early; they are harder to shake later in life. It taught me to get the hell out of dodge when someone reveals their mentally unstable behavior. Another lesson learned and accepted. I love life and all that it gives me, good and bad. It helps me to grow stronger and wiser. They say life is a bitch; depending on how you dress her. Well my bitch looks good ya'll! Dressed in the finest stitches, I wouldn't change her for nothing!

Aquarius - August 9, 2008
Your dreams work out quite nicely in your head, dear Aquarius, but the problem now is turning them into some sort of real life scenario. Be careful of taking too much of an intellectual approach. When it comes to relationships, things don't normally happen logically or rationally. You are going to have to leave a great deal up to chance, so just learn to deal with things as they come.

Damn this dream stuff, I have woke the hell up! At times I do float in the clouds or get trapped in my own mind, and it all comes with the territory of being an Aquarius, but I do try to remember to float back on down to earth every now and then. I've been called irrational many times in my life when it comes to dealing with people I'm dating or people I'm in a relationship with. I have come to realize that I'm not all that bad! However, I do need to break those "it's my way or the highway" habits and understand that the world does not revolve completely around me. I was placed in a funhouse full of mirrors for the past couple of weeks, and I did not like what I saw. I did not like where my future personality traits were headed. Reality check ya'll! Thank you God for placing me in that situation in order show me what it's like for people on the outside looking in.

"The universe is as simple as it is or it is not, but humans complicate everything....It's true that there is a conflict, but the conflict only exists in the human mind, not in the universe." - Don Miguel Ruiz. Dude ain't said nothing but a word! Humans truly do complicate everything. Nothing can ever be "as is", because we question it all. We try to define every situation that we are in. Some things aren't meant to have a definition as soon as you walk in the door. With time comes answers and then a proper definition will follow. Now the situation that I was currently in could've been handled on my behalf much differently than I handled it. I could've committed emotional suicide and escalated everything to the fullest. My days could've grown longer and my nights could've been sleepless. I didn't see the sense in putting myself through all of that though. Acceptance goes a long way in life. Accepting things the way that they are and not forcing something that obviously isn't going to fit will eliminate the heartache and headaches in the future. Does this mean that I don't care? Hell no, because I do care. I care enough to walk away and accept the fact that some things that people go through need to be gone through on their own. That's the only way that progress will be made, guaranteed happiness with self, and a better time spent with the next person that walks into your life.

I feel free again and I'm looking forward to the outcome of the changes that I'll be making. I wonder what doors will open up for me and what people will be walking through those doors into my life. Hm, we shall see. Break is over now and it's back to the phone lines. I hope everyone is having a kick ass weekend! See ya'll Monday, peace.
2 Responses
  1. Miss Mika Says:

    It takes a very mature adult to see changes that can make them a better person, and act on them. I am actually going through a moment of self reflection and betterment myself. I wish you the best of luck on that.

    I know it can be an uncomfortable feeling having someone "invade" your space... family or not. I am just happy that she is making the process as painless as she possibly can.

    When I first heard the news about Mr. Mac, I thought it was a really bad joke, but it alarmed me. So much in fact, I had to check the news and see if there was any truth to it. Sure enough, on CNN's newsreel, it posted that he had died. I couldn't believe it! Seeing that really hit me. Hit me like I had lost a member of my family! That is such a tragic loss. He will be missed immensely.

    Great post Mica!!

    BTW, is Mica short for Tamica? Just curious if we had the same name or not :)


  2. Thank you for that girl, because it will take some doing to make these changes. I wish you well on your venture as well.

    I'm still in shock over Bernie Mac...wow.

    Oh and yes Mica is short for Tamica!! So many times when I'm responding to your comment and I write your name I have to remember to write a "k" instead of a "c".


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)