Lord Open My Heart In Humility
So my big sister who is 15 years my senior needs a place to stay until she gets on her feet. I feel bad right now because I don't want her to stay with me. I know it sounds harsh, but I have my reasons. Let me explain.

Now I am technically an only child by my mother and was raised in the house the only child as well. My dad had 2 kids by his first wife whom were both over 12 yrs older than me. I really did not get to know them until I got older, they both got married, had kids and I was living my own life. My brother was murdered in '98 and that left me and my sis. We still did not become close after that. It was not until her and her husband of 11 yrs divorced and she moved back to the States from Germany. She and her 2 kids moved in with my parents and I.

I was stoked my big sis and my babies were going to be there. We all grew close over the years. The kids moved back in with their dad and it seems like everything just went down from there.

You know how its just hard for some people to get back on their feet when they fall down? My sis is one of them. My family and I love her so much and help in any way we can, we just don't know when things will get better.

When I moved out of my parents house and was getting reaady to sign my first lease; I signed a one year 2 bedroom 2 bathroom lease for both me and my sister , because she didn't have anywhere to go. The very next day she changed her mind for a reason I still do not know of and there I was stuck out with the rent and that big ass apartment alone. For an entire year! Hence the reason why I had to get this second job I am at this very second.

She went on to live with a friend for over a year and now the friend wants her out. The friend feels that my sis could have made moves by now and I agree. After I moved from my last place and found my cozy one bedroom one bath dream apartment, now she REALLY needs a place to stay.

I am just disappointed that the woman whom I should be looking up to can't seem 2 get it together. I am the baby sis and people, as well as myself, forget that she is 15 years older than me.

What can I do though? She is family and she needs me. She already said she would be needing to "crash" until August 31st. I pray that it does not take that long, because I cannot do this for longer than that.
4 Responses
  1. *sigh* I live with my parents now, granted I'm young but I kind of empathize with your sister....Its hard out here and I dont know her skills or her level of ambition because it very well could be a case of laziness but I have been living with my parents and I have been out of school for almost a year and still cant find anything...moms just paid a credit card bill for me today....I will say though you being a college student it shouldnt be up to you to support a grown woman who has passed up previous attempts from you to help her out....You have to do for you and your situation she made her bed she will have to lie in it.


  2. Miss Mika Says:

    I feel your pain girl.

    I have a sister that is 15 months younger than me who I wish would get her stuff together. She has no high school dipolma, no GED, no job, or drive, but is the mother of a soon to be 4 year old. I try to stay in a big sister's place and support and encourage her, but I had to play the motherly role growing up so it is hard taking a step back from that. It is even harder seeing the potential in your sibling, but they not see it in themselves.

    Continue to encourage her and be prayerful that she will be inspired and realize her potential.


  3. Introspective: Yeah, I hear you and your situations is a tad bit different. You are young and are a student, so there is some reasoning behind your situation. I'm not sure why my sister can't seem to get it together. All will work out in due time though, thanks for reading.

    Miss. Mika: Oh yeah girl, that's a bit much. However all you can do is be there for your loved ones. We all have one in our family that we just wish could see things in a more logical way. You can't really help grown people unless they want to be helped though. I pray that your sister and my sister gets it together one day soon.


  4. Mizrepresent Says:

    Gurl, i hear you and feel you on so many levels. I just let my bruh, older bruh come live with me until he gets on his feet. He just got divorced and was running into some bad times. This will not be the first time he or another of my older siblings have lived with me, but i find it hard to turn them away. I have to help them, i need to...and in so doing i have to believe that i too and helping myself. This will not be a permanent fixture, but i can say that i have given it the best that i got!

    Hang in there.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)