Social Suicide
Man, I had one hell of a weekend. Even though I'm tired come Monday morning, I do enjoy experiencing two fun filled days. I didn't go to work this weekend, as I should have; instead I stayed at home. Blah. Anyway, I'll pay for the consequences of that later. After hanging out with my friends and doing things that we use to do back in the day; I came to a few revelations this weekend. The most important one is that having a social life is very healthy and it maintains your youth.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Aquarius (Jan 20 - Feb 18)

You are not overly excited about working too much today, especially if your heart is set on creating time to kick back and relax. If you are presented with the opportunity of teaching or otherwise playing with youngsters, don't hesitate to say "yes". And in the meantime, keep up the fun activities with your friends.


Sometimes I get so involved in my life's responsibilities that I forget to have fun. I convince myself that I don't have time to goof around or take a break. I will go months cancelling on my friends with outings, drinks, parties or just hanging out. I would rather stay inside my apartment; reading blogs, writing blogs, watching DVDs or chatting on AOL. LAME, LAME, LAME! Well, let me take the blog part back, because I truly do enjoy reading and writing blogs; fuck what anybody thinks about that.

I'm young, confident, focused and single! I have no reason not to be having fun. I am an extreme home body, but I don't want to become older and be stuck in my house miserable. I live in a big city with a lot to do and yeah I have two jobs, but it's still no excuse to commit social suicide. People have been asking for quite some time "where have you been?", "is Mica still alive", "why don't you chill with us anymore?" Welp…Mica is back people. I'm going to start hitting the Houston scene again. My friend network is confidently secure again and I'm still extremely happy with my life. I took whatever time I needed to take to re-evaluate myself and seek the reasons why I have had so many clashes with people in my past. Now that I have my solutions and have redirected my mindset on the human species; I must get back on the road.

So to all my friends whom I hung out with this weekend, thanks for not ditching me totally, loll. We will have many more weekends to come like the one we just had.
2 Responses
  1. I know what you mean... it's weird cause I'm an Aquarian as well but I did the same exact thing last year... now when my friends are like "Lets hang out!" I'm like "I'm there!" lol

    Glad you had a great weekend!


  2. enjoy and maintain your youth, have fun! I committed social suicide when I was in my past relationship, but now I'm about to start hitting the NJ/NYC streets once again myself :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)