I Miss...
I snagged this from The Dreamy One. I thought it was a nice blog idea, and so did she; since she snagged it from someone else, loll.

I miss…

- My mom telling me not to go around the corner while riding my bike on a Saturday afternoon.

- Jumping in my bed during the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep.

- Going to the skating ring every Friday and buying pickles so big, we had to eat them with two hands.

- Sitting next to my bestfriend during church and passing notes back and forth.

- Playing pencil break.

-Taking school pictures and stealing the little combs provided by the photographers.

- Collecting rocks from the school playground.

- Watching old VHS tapes at my cousins house and waiting for my Aunt to finish her homemade french fries.

- Hugging my big brother.

- Playing games with my niece and nephew.

- Going to my old church.

- The long lunch break during the all day; 3 day bible conventions.

- Collecting movie ticket stubs.

- Going to class.

- Doing homework.

- My mama's home cooked meals.

- My parents telling me to clean my room.

- Talking on the phone with my cousin for hours about video games.

- Writing my first boyfriends name on every single paper I could get my hands on.

- Splash Friday

- Dragging my mom to the neighborhood pool and telling her "just 5 more minutes"

- Basketball practice

- My first car.

- Slamming my book down on the desk when my old history teacher use to fall asleep in mid sentence.

- Paris Coffee and Tenkia Carter; we were 3 da hard way.

- Anticipating my high school graduation.

- Being loved unconditionally.

- Going out on a real date.

- Having sex with strings attached. I miss actually feeling something.

- Writing poetry recited from the heart and not the mind.

- Another Bad Creation

- Fame City

- Astroworld and Waterworld

- Discovery Zone

- Childhood

- Not having a worry in the world.

Whewwww this list can go on and on. I enjoyed writing this very much. I actually dropped a few tears, because I realize how much things have changed in my life and how far I have come.

What do you miss??
3 Responses
  1. Great post...you took it back to Discovery Zone!!!

    A few of the things I miss are the sound of my mom's voice even though she fussed a lot...my old neighborhood (grew up in the same house until I went off to college)...and last but not least the feeling I use to get when my Dad use to pick me up from the after school program in elementary school..

    Ahhhh, the memories


  2. loved it, loved it, loved it!!!

    i miss when you could truly call someone your friend!!

    hope you have a great weekend mami!!!


  3. Eb the Celeb Says:

    Ah... i love the reminisce posts
    I miss not having bills to pay... ugh @ the 1st if the month


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)