Shadow Ducking

I would've thought the time change would give me a little bit more time to rest up for this glorious Monday morning. My sidekick alarm decided to go off an hour earlier than it needed to even though the time was set correctly on it. I have no idea what's up with that. So I was up at 5:15 and couldn't go back to sleep. I drug myself into the office this morning, and I'm trying to get the caffeine pumping through my veins. It doesn't seem to be working though, being the fact that I'm on my second cup. Anyway, it's November, wow. The year is pretty much over. Do I feel accomplished so far? Yes I do. This year did not go to waste at all. I still have a few more goals to accomplish before January 1st and I'm working on them as we speak.


October was a pretty long month. If seemed as if it would never end for me. I didn't have any major issues, but some things occurred that caused me to fall in a hole, but I'm climbing out of it slowly but surely. Being down in this hole, I've realized how far I've come in my positive thinking and faith. Nowadays, I'm just not worried about things anymore. I know that my problems are only temporary and that I'm strong enough to get through them. Some things just cause for a little patience and prayer. I know I'll be over the hurdle in no time.


"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's light shining somewhere nearby." - Ruth E. Renkel


I now know that there is always a light shining, but it is we who are holding our hands over our own eyes blocking our view of this light. I'm no pin cushion and I'm no cutter. I do not like self inflicted pain, so there is no reason to sulk in my own guilt and punish myself for any reason. This is a great quote to guide me through this month. I look at it in two different ways though. The other way that I look at it is that some folks hide in the shadows for fear of the light. Fear of things being revealed. Those things being the insecurities within them. This is why some people continue to punish themselves and remain in that unhappy state, because they fear facing the light. I can't get with that man. I refuse to be a shadow ducker.


So everything that I am personally going through right now will soon be graced by the force of light, and all of my problems will temporarily dissolve. I use to go through life ducking in shadows; it turn blocking my own blessings, because I feared the light. I quickly realized that that got me no where fast. Now here I am today as happy as can be and glady accepting my blessings one by one.
Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. i seriously thought i was the only person whose phone went off an hour earlier than it was supposed to

    i was ready to fight the phone.

    BUT YES!!! I used to hide in the shadows because i was always very insecure, i always thought i was ugly, fat, and just ughhh, i just felt so ugly all the time.

    Which brings me to a different part of your blog

    I ACHIEVED MY GOAL THIS YEAR: yes i took time off from people places and things that held me back got my life together and built my self esteem back up and got rid of the negative and embraced and surrounded myself with allll positive people

    all in a year....seriously i think dec. 27 makes a year since i was diagnosed with depression (mind you, i did it minus the drugs)

    im so proud


  2. . Says:

    I can appreciate this blog because of it's optimism. Everything comes to an end and no pain lasts forever. I like the idea of you taking into account all of the things you've accomplished this year, as well as having more things you would like to get done. Keep writing bae.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)