Queen Bea Has Left The Building
I was going to write on this yesterday, but my horoscope was so on point today, that I couldn't wait. Well, tomorrow is my mother's last day at our company after 24 years. Her name is actually Beatrice, but I call her Queen Bea. I can't even put into words how proud I am of her. She's been battling this decision for quite some time now. It was just time to walk, because her stress levels were getting high and her health was going downhill. She isn't going to retire, but shes going to try and find some work closer to home. She's been driving 47 miles to work everyday, which is about an hour and fifteen minutes with traffic. I use to make that same drive for 4 years before I just gave in and finally moved to the north side. This is such a big move for my mother, and our family has been doing a lot of praying on it. Having faith in the idea that this is the best thing to do. I believe it is.

I'd been helping my mom go over her resume, and looking at ads in the paper for other job opportunities. She sent ONE resume to an animal hospital only fifteen minutes away from her house, and they called her back the next day. She had her first interview last week, and was called in for a second interview with finance on Monday. That's what I'm talking about mom! She was nervous, because she hadn't been on an interview in the past 24 years, but I told her that her genuine spirit, honesty, and obvious loyalty will take her along way. I knew they'd love her. It's just a receptionist gig, but this is all she wanted. Her hours are GREAT, and she gets to see all the animals. She LOVES animals, and I am so happy that this gig came up first. She's being so optimistic about it all, and just seems so stress free now. The change for the better has already started to take place, and the happiness is seeping through her pores.


Aquarius - October 30, 2008

Dear Aquarius, you may have felt as if something has been changing in your family environment over the last few weeks. Today you will find out just what has been going on. Someone close to you has been going through some very important changes in his or her life. You feel as if you need to be there for that person and accompany them on their journey toward self-development.

See what I mean? Was this not on point?! I cried so many times today, it's ridiculous. Tears of joy, pride, and love. They had a little going away lunch for her, and took a stroll down memory lane when she was first hired on with the company. I was only 8 months old at the time, so I was attentively hanging on to all the great memories that her and her friends shared. Someone made her a nice cake, bought her gifts, and we all took a picture and framed it so that she can place it on her new desk. It was a great day. Even though it was super busy for me, I got some time to chat with my mom, and realize that I am going to REALLY miss going down to her desk everyday just to say hi. I'll miss going out to lunch with her, having email wars on my monthly payments to her (lol), asking for money (lol again), seeing her smiling face every time she passes my desk, telling her bye every evening and to to drive safely. I'm just going to miss my mother ya'll! I wasn't tripping when I moved out of their house over a year ago, because I knew I would see her everyday at work. Now I'll probably only get to see her every other week, if that often. We're going to have to get some type of calling schedule. I haven't been apart from my mom like this since college. Ugh. I'm not feeling it, but my mother's happiness is the top priority in my life next to God.

I plan on spending time with her and my dad on Sunday. I want to cook her dinner dinner, and just spend some much needed quality time. I think maybe this move will push us to become more communicative with one another. Have those mother/daughter days like we use to have. Go to church together, and hang out. I can't wait. So I just want to say I am proud of my Queen Bea and I love her more than anything in this world. God will bless you on your new journey in life. Your one and only child has your back until the end!
4 Responses
  1. aww thats so nice...i wish your mama the best and ur horoscope was on point and thanks for commenting on my entry...thats just what i intended to be random but have all the thoughts converge...yeah i was hella excited when obama came even though i couldnt see or hear a damn thing....but yeah my school did get a million pics of him so its all goodLOL


  2. WiZ Says:

    yay mom. way to go girl


  3. Anonymous Says:

    You are a excellent writer. Much love. DD


  4. A Says:

    Aw this was so sweet, I hope you mom loves her new job. Its great she has an encouraging daughter like you!

    >^..^<


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)