Annual Mica Upgrade. It's Time.
Friday, here we are again. This week was pretty blah for me. I really think I need another hobby in life. I have this deep yearning to be wowed as of lately. Everyday goes in and out as a blur, and that's not good. So I've been brainstorming on some activities to get myself into without getting back into my old ways of mischief and promiscuity. I do have my first meeting with The Black Experience group here in Houston tomorrow. My bestie, myself and a few other friends started this group in hopes of gathering a few intellects around H-town to shoot the breeze about our history, present and past in the black community. We're meeting at The Shrine of the Black Madonna tomorrow off of MLK around 1:00pm. I am really looking forward to meeting and mingling with new intellects. I think this will open up a door to what I feel I need at this moment. The first meeting will just be breaking the ice, and playing a few games to get to know one another. It will be fun, so after my hair appointment I'll be heading over there.





Shrine of the Black Madonna
5309 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Houston, TX 77021



I've learned this month to start listening to my heart more. My mind seems to be full of excuses that my heart is having a hard time battling. The wool seems to be over my mind's eye, and I need to remove it quickly before something drastic happens in my life. I'll be up shit's creek without a paddle then. I'm not in the mood for all that, loll. I think I'll take this weekend ahead to do some meditating and regrouping. I need to map out a plan on the things that my heart has been telling me to do for the past few years. Completing my novel, eating healthier, working out, furnishing my home, decorating, saving more money, going back to church, reading the bible, and just becoming a better me; the me that I know I can be. It's time for an annual Mica upgrade. So, I need to see if I can get to some type of compromise with my mind. Hell, my mind has a mind of it's own, so my work is cut out for me, loll.



I hope to find my sister this weekend at some point, so that we may make our regular visit to the parent's house this weekend. I miss my Queen Bea ya'll. It sucks majorly not having her at work, and being able to see her everyday. She is so happy about her new job, and is loving every minute of her now stress free life. I can't wait to see her in person so that she can share more stories with me on her new journey in life. So Sunday, that's where I'll be all day after I leave the nail shop. So nothing, big this weekend, other than The Black Experience meeting tomorrow. Plain and simple living, just how I like it. Ya'll have a good one.



Mica. Nookie, the alias.
Labels: | edit post
4 Responses
  1. WiZ Says:

    power to the people


  2. i wish i was there, hmmm i find that black intellects sometimes dont keep it real, and im one that see's things from everyones angle and would just have loved to have been there......


  3. . Says:

    Annual upgrades are really good. Are we making good on this or were they just words that sounded really good at the time?


  4. Shay - I don't just right out my ass, loll. So I'm good on my upgrade.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)