Sweet Talking Always Works!
Ah! on Thanksgiving day, when from East and from West,

From North and South, come the pilgrim and guest,

When the gray-haired New Englander sees round his board

The old broken links of affection restored,

When the care-wearied man seeks his mother once more,

And the worn matron smiles where the girl smiled before.

What moistens the lips and what brightens the eye?

What calls back the past, like the rich pumpkin pie?


- John Greenleaf Whittier, ""The Pumpkin""



I talked my Queen Bea into cooking on Thursday. I had an entire speech prepared for her, incase she hit me with a big fat no! I think I mentioned in one of my posts last week, that we don’t do the whole holiday thing. For the past couple of years on Thanksgiving, my mother has not cooked. I'll just get food from one of my friends house or something. Or maybe I'd hit up Luby's cafeteria. Well this year, my mommy is cooking for us!! I have been craving some of her dressing and broccoli rice casserole for I don't know how long!

So I'll officially be hanging out with the family come Thursday. Getting full and sleepy. I can't wait. I'll be miserable come Friday, I'm sure. I hope everyone had a great weekend. This is a short week for most, so enjoy it!!
Labels: , | edit post
2 Responses
  1. T Says:

    "The old broken links of affection restored" I like that


  2. Yeah, I thought that was nice as well.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)