College Wednesday - Know Somebody Like This?
Well, it's our first day under a black president. You made history sir, congratulations. I'll wait on that solidifying change though. While I wait, how about a little College Wednesday humor? So yes of course it is here where we summarize 99% of the people you'll ever meet in college or in life. This week we introduce Mr. I Work Full Time and Mr. ROTC Cadet.

Mr. I Work Full Time - This guy uses his job s an excuse not to show up and help with group projects. He will claim that he must work all the time and therefore cannot show up for any group meetings. Impossible to get a hold of outside of class. Generally a 50/50 shot of doing the work.

Okay, I seriously knew somebody like this in college. He was in my creative writing class. He NEVER participated in our group assignments, and claimed he worked "mad crazy" hours. Most of the creative writing ideas came from me anyway, but dude didn't have to keep stressing that he had this super important job all the time. I mean dude, go to work, we get it!

Mr. ROTC Cadet - Often seen traversing campus in fatigues, yet his pack is devoid of water, map, GPS, or other survival gear. Instead he packs the same Biology 101, Spanish II, and English Rhetoric text that you do. Known to major in Criminology or Criminal Justice, and may show up to 8 a.m. class in PT gear, not having had time to make it home for a shower and shave after his morning run. Placed by God on earth to counter the ramblings of passionate politico with physical threats (if PP is a male) or ramblings of his own stripping PP of her human/constitutional rights (if PP is a female). Very loyal to his friends and beliefs, Mr. ROTC Cadet is generally a good guy to have as a friend, or at least an amiable acquaintance.

Lmao! This just sounds funny. I had a professor like this for my freshmen 101 course. He was over the ROTC program. At least, I think that's what it was. He was super serious about his position. He wore army fatigue every day, all day. On special occasions, he was in full uniform with all of his badges of honor. Funny thing is, I never could figure out what the special occassion was. I mean it was just Tuesday to the rest of us, and this dude was decked out! He was a cool teacher though. He did teach us a lot of things that in turn got us more eqquiped for our college careers. I was just tired of operating off military time and saluting every time I came to class.

I am not going to keep promising that I'll remember to post these editions every week. I have fallen completely off! I'm sick of seeing my own self type about it, to be honest. So hey, catch me on College Wednesday when you can and whenever that may be. Peace.
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)