After This Weekend I Will Never...
It's Monday ya'll. I'm not sure how I feel about this. I'm proud of myself for not calling into work today and playing hookie. Not because I had something else better to do, but simply because I didn't feel like coming into this damn office today. I know over half of America feels me on that one. Normally, I'm not all this upset that it's Monday, because Tuesday is my least favorite day of the week, but today I'm struggling to get with the program. So this is the day where I ask my readers to share something that they vow to never do again after this weekend. No matter what it was; how big or small, what will you never do after this weekend? I know what I will never do.

After this weekend I will never…

Drink another alcoholic beverage again in my life. Like many people, I've said this many times before, but this weekend was the icing on the cake. It was this weekend that I realized that I'm not 18 anymore. I can't drink until my legs give way from underneath me and truck it to work the next day. Every since I took up the second job, I am scheduled to work on Saturday nights between 5:00 - 9:00pm. I hung out with some friends on Friday night, went to eat and instead of heading home like a respectable young woman; I decided to head to some other friends home and knock back what I thought was only a couple of drinks. I honestly can't remember what all took place that night. I do remember getting up around 11:00am Saturday morning fully dressed (Thank GOD, there have been so many times when I wasn't!) face down on my friend's living room floor. For some reason I still thought it was Friday though and called my day job to tell them I would be in late, but it was Saturday! I'm so glad that my job's recording came on or I'd be embarrassed right now.

I finally made it back to my apartment by 12:00pm and went straight to sleep. I had to set my alarm for 4:00 so that I'd get up for work. However, when I actually did get up for work. I wasn't even hung over, I still felt drunk! It wasn't until I got to work and had to start using my brain to help those whining ass Comcast customers that my head started pounding and I was holding on for dear life. Why were they talking so loud in my ear?! Why were they not in the bed sleeping, instead of trying to watch t.v, talk on the phone and surf the internet? Go to bed! I was talking to every single customer like we know each other from way back! I kept leaving people on hold to go to the restroom, to the break room for coffee and ice. I released so many calls man and I hope they let me back on the premises come tomorrow when it's time to go back.

I didn't even learn my lesson though, because I had a similar night last night and did not go to bed until 5:00am and had to wake up at 6:30am for work this morning. I woke up with my face still plastered to my pillow obviously, because I can't feel it! I have no face this morning! Somebody told me I looked different, I'm like no shit! My face is gone! Go get some help! Time is going so slow!!! I swear it has been 9:53am for the past hour and a half. The clocks are not moving and the room is spinning. This red bull is at a standstill in my system and isn't doing a damn thing for me. I miss my face ya'll. I can't wait to go home and place it back on my head and go to bed!

So after this weekend, I will lay off the alcohol and remember that I'm not 18 anymore. Living an extreme adult life and trying to party like it's 1999 is not a good mixture. It's like Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley's marriage; the shit just doesn't work out!

So tell me after this weekend; what will you not do ever again?
1 Response
  1. ...I will never sit on the computer all dat posting/reading blogs!

    So this entire weekend I've been getting my blogspots prepared for my online book that I'm posting (Spread the word on it!) and before I realized it...it was MONDAY!

    I On Demand-ed "I Love Money" which is something I don't do. i was sitting in the computer chair so long...it broke...No I'm seriuos..it BROKE, so I replaced it with my rocking lounger from my living room. My kids tore through my fridge...guess mommy forgot to get them something to eat (well I did cook but they usually get a snack between meals). Forgot all about the community newletter I was suppose to me creating (I'm the activities coordinator for my complex). And I forgot to check in with my hubby who is STILL at his mom's house.

    So all in all, I'm ashamed that I neglected somr responsibilities cuz I've been sitting in front of this CPU all weekend.

    Someone spank me for being "bad".


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)