T.Nookie's Disc Changer - Music Review
It's no secret that I am a music fiend!! If music was to be suddenly banned, my entire world would totally stop. Music is like a sort of life support. It's a way of expression and a sense of inspiration so many. Especially to myself. Music gets me through my hardest days and keeps the smiles coming on my better days. I've been listening to a lot of new music lately, and I wanted to share my own personal views on most recently "purchased" music.


First up we have Mr. Kenny Lattimore with his latest CD entitled Timeless; released September 9, 2008. I FUCKING LOVE this CD!!!! My favorite song of all time is For You by him and I although I never thought about seriously getting married; I always said that if I did, I wanted to have my first dance to that song. His voice is OH EM GEE! Melt the panties right off ya! This CD consisted of mostly re-makes. He re-made Ain't No Way by Aretha Franklin and did marvelous. If you miss that real soul tingling 70's slow jams, pick this CD up. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.




Eric Benet's Love and Life. Released September 9, 2008. Sex addict or not, Eric can SANG! I had downloaded half of his CD when it first came out and half way listened to it. Then when I went to the beauty shop a couple weeks ago and the ladies were blasting it through the shop's speakers, I really started to dig his sounds. He has a duet with Terry Dexter and it's really nice. I've heard great music by Eric and he still can't hold a candle to my Kenny or my Maxwell, but I love his voice nonetheless.

Robin Thicke's Something Else. Released September 30, 2008. I'm feeling this white boy ya'll. This vanilla brotha go soul! I know everybody has heard Magic and can't help but to feel that joint. His voice is kind of whiny, but I still love the way it sounds over instrumentals. Me and my co-worker have been jamming him all week. I like this CD better than his Evolution CD. Definitely check this one out. What ever happened to the other soulful white brotha? Remy Shand? Another milk carton musician. Damn shame.



Joe's The New Man. Released September 23, 2008. You know? I'm not feeling this CD just yet. I didn't even really did his last CD. I think if you heard one Joe song, you've heard them all. He's been singing about taking other men's women and how much better he can treat them for years. Now he's a new man. I don't know Joey baby. Mica not feeling it just yet. Perhaps it'll grow on me. Don't buy it people, unless you cop it off me for $5. Ya'll know I got that work! Holla at me!

Jennifer Hudson's debut self titled album!! Released. September 30, 2008. Mmm, mmm, mmm baby mama you did good!!! I have been waiting on this woman's CD since American Idol. Jennifer can't sing one song without takin' it to CHURCH! Even when on Pocketbook with Ludacris, which is my jam, she took it to church. Homegirl gave me chills on a few songs. I'm lovin' it. Cop this ya'll. I've been hearing mixed reviews, but beat it with the negativity; J-Hud did her thing with this first one.




Ne-Yo's The Year Of The Gentleman. Released September 16, 2008. I love Ne-Yo. Dude is a great song writer and a great singer. He's not trying to dance his ass off like Chris Brown, and he's very smooth. He's not the most attractive man, but his debonair style makes him attractive in his own way. Loved Miss. Independent the first time I heard it. Loved She Got Her Own (Miss. Independent part II) even better. He brought out Jamie Foxx and Fabolous to help him out with the remix. I can't stop playing it. The video to the song is nice as well. He brought out Toni from Girlfriends for a cameo in the video. I thought that was cute. Man she shouldn't have quit Girlfriends. Now she's a video ho and a commercial slut.


Jazmine Sullivan's debut album entitled Fearless. Release date September 19, 2008. I may get frowned upon for this one. I'm not feeling Jazzy man. I tried too. Everybody was shittin' bricks for this CD and I just don't see what the fuss was all about. I dig Bust Your Windows, but that's about it. I never really felt her first single I Need U Bad. I'm still working on it though. I'll pop her in on my way to work in the morning and see if my opinion changes or not. I'll let you know.


Solange's Sol-Angel. Released August 26, 2008. You know what? I thought this CD was going to be a hot ass mess, and it was. BUT...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. She has a few tracks on here that I actually dig. T.O.N.Y and this song with Bilal that I'm really feeling. I'm really feeling the rebirth of the 70's Motown era hitting the airwaves now days. I heard it in J-Hud's CD, Jazmine Sullivan and Solange. This CD reminded me of how Beyonce use to sound before the vocal coach. Beyonce became hot ya'll. Little sis may still have a chance. You never know.



Young Jeezy's The Recession. Released September 2, 2008. Even though dude has the same sound on every track, I like Jeezy. He has a way with his word play and metaphors. I never knew there were so many ways one could conjure up about selling dope. It's a head banger though. He's no activist like Nas proclaimed him to be, but he's one of the hottest MC's out right now. He gave me a breath of fresh air from Wayne. He did NOT have a song featuring Wayne and he got soooo many brownie points for that. Man, I can't tell ya'll how sick of Wayne I am! He's everywhere. Somebody told me he had a remix out with Marvin Sapp on Never Would've Made It. I knew they were lying. I'll kick Wayne and Marvin's ass if they collaborated! But Jeezy got my vote on this one.


The Game's LAX Files. Released August 26, 2008. People have been sleeping hella hard on The Game. I can bang this album day in and day out. Although I am from Houston and our sounds are different; there is nothing like a good ass California hip hop song. Pac, NWA, Dre and Snoop got me hooked to the California sounds. The Game is showing his ass on this CD. I love this man. Despite the fact that he is SOOO SUPER DUPER SEXY to me; he's just a thug for real! He does not give a fuck. I can tell that his lyrics are genuine and not staged like most of these rappers out here today. Stop sleeping on The Game ya'll and check LAX Files out!!

T.I.'s Paper Trail. Released September 30, 2008. I hate the fact that this man has to face some time behind bars in 2009, but I guess we can all say he had it coming. If you do the crime and get caught; you have to do the time. Sorry T.I.P, but if it's any consulation to you; I loved the album. The joing with Rihanna is on fire. Whatever You Like will probably always be a favorite of mine. No Matter What seems to be the realest shit T.I. ever wrote. He was sincere with this album. Hip-Hop has done a lot of growing up this year. Rappers are changing their styles up. I was giving up on Hip-Hop personally, but it's coming back around. Rappers are revealing that it's okay to be educated and speak like you have some damn sense. Life isn't all about the dope game and killing. These rappers have families and T.I. is one of them. I mean he has at least 7 kids right? Lol. Dude has a BIG family. Daddy is going to the slammer though. Nice album drop right before you go in Mr. Harris.

Well this is what has been rotating in my disc changer and blasting off the iPod. There will be alot of music coming out between now and the end of the year. So this isn't the last of T.Nookie's music review you'll see. Check ya later!

Labels: | edit post
6 Responses
  1. WiZ Says:

    T.I. albums was the maddest. Jeezy cant sing to save his life. Most his songs are with someone else


  2. Lol@Jeezy. I liked the album, but he needs to expand that talent. He is beginning to sound the same.


  3. OMG solange's album is ill its just different in a weird kinda way i liked it!!


  4. Loving the take, T. Eric Benet, Kenny Latimore, Maxwell (to be released), TI, & Robin Thicke (yeah I miss remy Shand too), are all great artists!

    Sorry I've been MIA from ya blog. Got a J-O and havent had time to stop by. I mean, cuz when i drop in I want to take in EVERYTHING you got. I didnt want to be a half-asser when it came to the shit you be spitting. But trust...I'm back now.


  5. Ms. Minnie Says:

    I felt the same way as you on every cd

    I found your blog by way of "the flyyest"

    You just gained another loyal reader...luvs the blog!!1


  6. I'm definately going to check these out thanks for the input!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)