Why Ask Why?
It's October man! Shout out to my big Sister on her 39th birthday today. Go sis! We're doing it up this weekend. Hold on to that wig and get your old ass ready, you ain't 40 yet!! Yeah man, but wasn't it July just yesterday? Fall is here, the leaves are falling, and it's about to get cold outside. I mean I live in Texas so it won't get THAT cold, but cold enough for us Texans. October is usually a pretty dull month for me. There is five weeks this month, so I'm sure it will seem a little long too. I'll be paid out the ass this month though, so no complaints there. This month will mark my one year anniversary at Comcast on the 22nd. I'm bittersweet about that right there, but the year spent with the company has flown by. I know the products, system and policies like the back of my hand. I've adapted to the environment well. Everyday has been a new challenge dealing with those customers, but hey Comcast has been alright to me. I just know that raise better kick in by the 22nd or there will be another massive cable outage in the mean streets of H-town! Hurricane Ike don't have shit on T. Nookie!

So of course now is the time to drop the quote of the month. This just gives me something to look back on during the weeks to come and have something inspirational and encouraging to live by. I've found this to work for me a lot and it's been working every since I started this monthly quote thing a couple years ago. If I find myself down for any reason, I revert back to the quote written at the beginning of the month and use it as a source of guidance. So this month's quote is from Anatole France.

"If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads." - Anatole France

You know I've noticed that for the past couple of months the quotes have been very simple and straight to the point. When I look at these words I think about how many things in my life that I have brought confusion to and complicated big time with my analytical questions. That's the control freak in me. I have to have a hold and an answer for everything. Sometimes, things are just better left alone. Things have to work themselves out, they have to define themselves, make a name for themselves with out me clouding the picture with my own complicated thoughts. If it feels right and it feels good, why would you question it? For one we are so use to being victimized by our own selves that we probably don't believe something that good and that right is deserving to us. So we question it. We ask why me? What now? What's the catch? The catch is us. The complication and conflict is in the human mind, not in the situation.

So I'm trying to be more free flowing with things. Not careless, but not so uptight about things. Not so analytical. Every situation I go through does not have to be a political debate. Bottom line; it ain't that damn serious. The situation is good, I feel good, I'm happy and THIS is beautiful. Why question it?
5 Responses
  1. WiZ Says:

    lol. ok then. i bet you cant go a week without blowing up. lol


  2. Miss Mika Says:

    That quote is truly one to live by. If things are good, why question them? Why doubt them?

    I can dig that Mica.


  3. Good quote..I tend to be over analytical most of the time so I need to learn how to just live :)


  4. FIRST OFF LET ME THANK THE GOOD GOD FOR NOT BEING LOCATED IN TEXAS WHEN T.NOOKIE EVER DECIDES TO T OFF IN COMCAST ASS! NOW THAT I GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY LET ME SAY THAT THIS QUOTE REMINDS ME OF THE QUOTE ABOUT TAKING THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED. JUST AS THE ROAD CAN BE BEAUTIFUL SOMETIMES IT CAN BE UGLY AND ROUGH BUT THE OUTCOME CAN BE BEAUTIFUL. IN THE END I THINK BOTH QUOTES REPRESENT THE FACT IT'S NOT ABOUT WHAT YOU GO THROUGH BUT HOW...GOOD DAY FRIEND


  5. Mizrepresent Says:

    I love the positive inspiration lady! KEEP doing your thing! Have a great week!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)