Lakeview Terrace - T. Nicole's Movie Review
Okay I actually saw this movie last Saturday night with a few friends. The movie experience itself was horrible. We went to this theatre that was built back when we were all in middle school if I'm not mistake, or it could've been freshman year of high school. It's still a very nice theater, but there were so many bad ass kids there. OH EM GEE! Not little kids, but teenagers. They were loud, cursing, pants sagging down to their ankles, gold and platinum teeth, all kinds of designs cut in their heads, skirts up to the ass crack and matted weave down their backs! I wanted to beat all of them. I felt so OLD when we entered the theatre. They talked throughout the whole movie, they threw stuff, they sang and cursed at older people who told them to be quiet. So yes, all in all I HATED the movie theatre experience with the children. The movie on the other hand wasn't so bad…



Cast As Follows:

Samuel L. Jackson
Patrick Wilson
Kerry Washington
Ron Glass
Justin Chambers
Jay Hernandez
Regine Nehy
Jaishon Fisher


In Lakeview Terrace, a young couple Chris Mattson (Patrick Wilson) and Lisa Mattson (Kerry Washington) has just moved into their California dream home when they become the target of their next-door neighbor, who disapproves of their interracial relationship. A stern, single father, this tightly wound LAPD officer Abel Turner (Samuel L. Jackson) has appointed himself the watchdog of the neighborhood. His nightly foot patrols and overly watchful eyes bring comfort to some, but he becomes increasingly harassing to the newlyweds. These persistent intrusions into their lives ultimately turn tragic when the couple decides to fight back.



This movie pissed me off. It was one of those "what would Mica do in this situation" feelings. I was so mad at Samuel in this movie ya'll! Not for his acting skills, but for the mere fact that I would've burned his ass alive if he kept harassing me like he doing the young couple in the movie. I felt so bad for them. They were stuck between a rock and a hard place with a crazy ass BLACK neighbor playing rent-a-cop in the neighborhood.



I wasn't all that impressed with the acting in the film by any of the actors and actresses. But the plot kept me wondering what was going to happen. In my opinion it could have been used a little bit more drama to thicken the plot. There were a couple of times that I dozed off, but then there were a couple times when I was saying to the screen "Oh hell naw!"

Photobucket


So this had been the second movie I saw last weekend about disapproving people of interracial relationships. Okay now The Family That Preys was a different scenario; she was sleeping with someone's husband who just so happened to be white and she was black. But Lakeview Terrace is a newlywed interracial couple. I happen to have thought they were cute together. This is another reason why the movie pissed me off, because there are actually people out there in the world that would harass others because they were dating outside their race. Punk bitches. Ugh! Granted now days I am only a chocolate eater; I did date a couple people outside of my race before, and I wish somebody would have harassed me because of that. I would be doing a stretch right now.


So all in all the movie was OKAY. I wasn't impressed, but I wasn't bored out of my mind with it. My suggestions; BOOTLEG IT!


This was much better than Snakes On A Plane Mr. Jackson aka Mr. Muthafucka I See You!!!

T. Nicole Rates this movie with 2 and a half stars!!!
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. WiZ Says:

    wow. and to think i had high hopes about this movie. thanks for the review. gonna bootleg it.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)