The Secret Life Of Bees - T. Nicole's Movie Review
Now this was the movie that I could not WAIT to see. I had been anticipating it every since I started the book written by Sue Monk Kidd. I joined the virtual bloggers book club and this was the very first book chosen to read. I thought it was a good pick. Not because I knew the movie was coming out, but because it was a different type of book than that of what I'm use to reading. I love E. Lynn Harris, and this gave me a break from his same old gay athletic super star stories. Don't get me wrong, I'm also reading his newest book Just Too Good To Be True as well, loll. However, The Secret Life Of Bees stole my spare undivided attention. I had that book in my hands every chance I got. I grew attached to little Lily Owens and her quest for love and answers to her never ending questions about her dead mother. Kidd is a very descriptive author and titillated every sense in the human structure. I felt as if I were living in each scene that she painted with her words. The movie did the book no justice, but was GREAT nonetheless.






Cast



Dakota Fanning


Queen Latifah



Jennifer Hudson
**Prayers go out to her and her family for the loss of her mother and brother, who were found shot to death in their Chicago home**



Alicia Keys


Sophie Okonedo



Tristan Wilds


Producers

Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith



Little Dakota Fanning did an excellent job in the film. I think she was the perfect pick for this particular part. She's such a weird little white girl, but I dig her. I've pretty much enjoyed every film she's been in. I have never been more interest in bees in my life. I kind of got a kick out of the whole bee story watching the animated film; A Bee Movie, but other than that I just made sure I stayed clear of bees and that they stayed clear of me.

Of course after reading the book, the movie seemed like it was in fast forward mode. There were a few things that were laid out different in the movie than they were in the book. I think Will and Jada did an excellent job though. Everything was done properly and Queen, Alicia and Jennifer played well together.

Alicia Keys surprised me. I absolutely loved her role in this film. She was so natural at it. And she looked so good! She's coming into this whole acting thing. She stunk in Smoking Aces, but I'm a firm believer in second chances. You proved yourself this time Ms. Keys. The movie itself was set off in the 60's so the people back then were of course more narrow minded and ignorant than they are today. Some parts pissed me off, but that's to be expected. You know me being black and all, loll. Another movie where white people underestimate my people, because the color of their skin. That crap still and will forever go down in the real world. Sad, sad, sad! Anyway, I loved the movie guys! I actually want to go see it again, but I'll probably wait until it comes out on DVD.





T. Nicole rates this film with 5 stars!!!!!

Labels: | edit post
3 Responses
  1. I'm in the bookclub and finally latched on to the book. I should be done by the deadline and then I'm going to the movie.

    Good post.


  2. Miss Mika Says:

    I have been dying to get this book but it seems like no matter where I go, they are sold out of it! I might need to make an online purchase, but I don't want to have to wait for it to be shipped!

    I absolutely LOVED this movie too girl. The trailer did this movie no justice. I knew it was going to be good, but I didn't think it was going to be as good as it was. Most definately a MUST SEE!


  3. Eb the Celeb Says:

    Did you hear about J-Hud's family... so sad!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)