Stop And Smell The Flowers

Ever feel as if life is passing you by much too quickly? You get so caught up into your day to day obligations that you don't stop and take in the little things that bring you joy. This is not good, and it is something that I had to stop myself from doing. Sometimes my days run into each other, and I'm not sure if I'm coming or going. I have to make myself stop and smell those flowers. Remember the beautiful things that keep me going in my everyday life. Even if that means just stopping multiple times in my day to pray and thank God for where I am today. Thank Him for what he has provided me with. Thank Him for my health, and bless me with the strength to keep on pushing.



The golden moments in the stream of life rush past us and we see nothing but sand; the angels come to visit us, and we only know them when they're gone.

- George Eliot


As humans we do take a lot of things for granted in our lives. We are privileged beyond means, and we grow spoiled in our lifestyles. We forget where and who is making all things possible for us. We don¢t realize the importance of such small things until they are taken away from us. "You don't miss your water until your well runs dry" right? Yeah, this is pretty much the truth. Anybody who reads my blogs, I encourage them to just stop and smell the flowers. Take in how blue the sky is, how beautiful that melody is coming through your speakers on the way home from work, the sparkle in your lover's eyes when you're in their presence, how much love is seeping through your child's pores for you, how your hard work has paid off, and thank God for all of these things that you see everyday of your life that you may forget to acknowledge.

This reminds me of the song Gladys Knight remade in Tyler Perry's latest movie, Don't Forget To Dance. We are all busy. Lord knows I am and my days are extremely long, but I cannot and will not let my work overpower my everyday life. Can't forget to dance and live life to the fullest. So stop and smell those flowers. Some people don't get to smell the flowers until they are put on their grave. Don't let that be you.
3 Responses
  1. . Says:

    I read this one twice. I think it's a really important one, not only to take a step back and appreciate the people and things you have around you, but to also pray and thank God for your blessings. Keep up the good advice babe.


  2. Mizrepresent Says:

    Beautiful gurl, just beautiful!



Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)