Kicking My Own Ass
I am suffering through this time spent at work today. I had a rather depressing and emotional weekend. I crawled up in my sheets escaping from my everyday world. I accepted very few calls; not wanting to be bothered by anyone. The things racing through my brain have been the same things racing on my brain for some time now. There are so many things I need to do for myself, and only myself starting now. I declare 2009 as a year for me. Spiritually, mentally and physically. I seemed to get myself together financially in 2008; which means that I reached my main goal, but I am lacking still in so many areas. I guess this weekend; the thought of it all just got the best of me. I know that the things that I'm going through right now are only being brought about by myself, because I'm not taking the proper steps to resolve my issues. I know there is a blessing waiting for me around the corner, but I keep turning left when I should be turning right.



If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome.

- Anne Dudley Bradstreet


I use this month to mentally prepare myself for my much needed changes in life. I am a creature of routine, and the thought of change alone brings me great adversity. I want to welcome prosperity in my life, but I need to do the work in order to get there. I'm not a lucky kid, things don't just fall in my lap. I'm blessed, but I have to stay on my grind at all times to get what I want. My life is not lavish and full of luxuries brought about by other people. My material enjoyments are purchased with my hard earned money. They don't call me 'Miss. I Got It' for nothing, ya dig? The prosperity seeping through my friends and family are always welcomed with open arms. I'd hate to find out where I'd be without them. However, they can only do so much for me. I have many responsibilities in life that I've put off. I've said "oh, I'll handle them tomorrow." My tomorrow literally never comes.




I'm sick of the taste of my own blood, caused by me punching myself in the mouth. I await the sweet taste of victory, but I gotta stop beating myself up. It's not a good look.

T.Nicole © 2008
6 Responses
  1. Jervis Says:

    you'll be JUST FINE, like T.I. said during a TYRA BANKS interview, "god won't take me through something he can't get me out of". You might be punching yourself in the mouth right now, but unexpectedly, a nurse will come with the cotton ball, anitseptic, and a bandage and u will feel better in NO TIME. keep ya head up, the pain of the fire actually feels good, when water is poured onto the burns


  2. I went through this, i beat myself up and went through stuff that now seems stupid asking myself "Why did i even stress that" I know how to say something cliche' and say "It'll be alright" blah blah blah. But what about the time in between when your trying to get to "alright" or "Better".

    It aint gonna happen really easy and really fast. The more you focus on your emotional well being i think the more you tend to do things that actually mess it up more.

    Thats why i just let go and let god. Try it!


  3. Mizrepresent Says:

    Awe gurl yes, you got to stop...look how far you've come and i know have a vision of where you're going...2009 is your year! A brand new year, a fresh start, a new beginning.


  4. Kofi Bofah Says:

    Do not wait until 2009. Start now.

    Make today a better day. There is sunshine behind those clouds.


  5. Ora_Lanique* Says:

    AS YOU CAN SEE iN THE BLOGS YOU HAVE COMMENTED ON;;
    ii THiNKiN iM KARATE KiCKiNG MYSELF iN THE LiP; CAUSiNG AN ERUPTiON OF BLOOD!!
    UGHH EVEN SOME iNTERNAL BLEEDiNG TOO!!..LiFT YOUR HEAD UP THO; EVERYONE'S BEEN BEAT UP AT LEAST ONCE..LMAO..&& THANKS FOR SHOWiN LOVE WiTH THE BLOGS..iT TELLS ME iM NOT THE ONLY ONE HERE!


  6. Thanks all of ya'll. I really needed the comments.

    Crazi - Yeah I feel you darling. We all go through it. No problem for showing love on the blogs, I dig them.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)