Change In Plans

I can't seem to get out of this funk man. I go on through my days smiling like everything is on the up and up with me. I mean, I have everything I need to survive. I'm not starving. I have money in the bank. I'm just not satisfied right now. I realize that I've come a long way, but I just feel I need to be and should be so much further. I'm going through it, and the going through it doesn't look like it's going to come to an end anytime soon.

I've been having these weird dreams about my future. I'm yearning for things that I've never desired before. Like marriage, children, a family home. Ugh. I must be losing my mind. Even when I was little and I dreamt of my future, it was no family, no kids, no husband, no wife; just me. It was me dwelling in my happiness and success. I dreamt big, and I dreamt solo. Lately those solo dreams have deteriorated, and reproduced themselves, adding these faceless people in my future. A faceless woman, a couple faceless kids, a faceless dog and a nice home not even on the map. It's freaking me out.

"We grow great by dreams. All big men are dreamers. They see things in the soft haze of a spring day or in the red fire of a long winter's evening. Some of us let these great dreams die, but others nourish and protect them; nurse them through bad days till they bring them to the sunshine and light which comes always to those who sincerely hope that their dreams will come true."

- Woodrow Wilson

I've never wanted things when everyone else wanted. I yearn in my own time frame. I don't cop something, because everybody else does. I don't do shit because it's the newest thing. If I don¢t do it first, I do it last. Either way, it's in my own time zone. So these recent dreams, I've been yearning young people talk about for a long time. They were the typical answers to the question; "where do you see yourself in 5 or 10 years?" Loll, my answer always had me on some secluded island by myself, writing my heart out. Or in some non US territory learning the language of my new neighbors. My family was always a postcard, a phone call, or a 10 to 12 hour flight away. However, where I resided; it was just me.

I'm a big dreamer, as most ambitious humans are. I have where I want to go in mind. Shit has just been changing for me lately. The climate in my heart is shifting. It's not as ice cold as it use to be. These new dreams of family life, marriage, and kids are highly insane to me, but I'm not swatting them away. I'm not saying that it's what I ultimately want, but if it happens to be on my way to my destination, I'll gladly accept it.

In the meantime, I have to get out of this funk. P.M.S ain't no joke, and like every woman; I hate it! It's a curse!! I see myself being extra sensitive for the remainder of the year. Ya'll brace yourselves!
Labels: | edit post
4 Responses
  1. I so feel this blog. I wish you well on your journey. I think life never turns out the way we think it should. I think that is a part of life. The journey...it molds us and shapes us into who we are. Sometimes it can change, but I think the end destination will be exactly where you need to be wherever that is. My motto...just do you.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    "The climate in my heart is shifting."<<<< I feel that too. I can quite pin point where I'm headed and I really don't have the desire to. I like the mystery. But the journey to my "right now" was something I never could have imagined, so I suspect my journey to "then" will be too.

    That's the beauty of living.

    Oh yeah, P.M.S sucks big time..lol


  3. Jervis Says:

    yes,i will brace myself,GEES


  4. T Says:

    "I'm a big dreamer, as most ambitious humans are" true, i really like that picture on there too with air ballons thats dope, stay up


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)