Smooth Get-A-Way: Fact or Fiction?
On the current mission to revive BlogSpot, I'm thinking of doing a Thursday fact or fiction post every week. This will help me with my consistency in posting and hopefully snag some more readers. It'll also help me sharpen my writing skills as well. I know that Eb aka The Renaissance Black Woman used to do these posts awhile back. Not too sure if she's still doing them though. I always enjoyed reading hers, because she would fool me every time. I really didn’t know if her stories were fact or fiction. It would blow my mind that she actually went through some of the stuff she wrote about, loll. Check her out sometimes, I promise you won't be disappointed.


Anyhow, on with the story.


It was about 4:30am on a Saturday morning. I was just leaving the club when I noticed that I needed to get some gas. Now, I HATE filling my tank up and because of my weird habits; I only like to get gas on Tuesdays at one particular station. I didn’t have a choice to break my routine though. I knew I had quite a drive ahead of me to her house. I called her up earlier during the week to see how she was doing. We have the type of relationship where our worlds are not in tune with one another. We don't speak every day and sometimes we can go weeks or months at a time without contacting each other. However, there are times when she crosses my mind and I cross her's. We're two busy women that just don't have time for steady committed relationships. When we do get around to making THAT call; we both know what it is and what's going to go down.


I'm driving down the block hoping to make it to the corner of the southwest freeway and Fondren. The last thing I needed was to be stranded, tipsy and with a bunch of shit on me. I made it though; slowly creeping up to pump 5. Not a soul was in site, but I could see the cashier behind the register reading a magazine. I fumbled to get my wallet out of my back pocket when my phone started blasting Jamie Foxx's, Slowly. I knew she was wondering where I was.


"Hello?"
"Hey, how far are you?" "I'm still a ways away. I almost ran out of gas, so I'm up here at the Shell off 59."


I saw an old school Buick pull up in front of the door to the station. It made me think about my old car. Damn I missed that ride. I miss the booming' ass system I had too. People could always hear me before they saw me. I had to hand it down to my cousin though. Speaking of system, these dudes had more bang in their trunk than a little bit. It was extra loud, because there was no activity on the street.


Tuning back in to our conversation, I could hear the impatience in her voice when she said, "well, I'm waiting on you. I've BEEN waiting on you, but I didn't think you would stay in the club until it closed."


She was so cute when she tried to cop an attitude with me. "My bad babe, I'm just going to fill up and do a buck eighty straight to your crib! K?"


"NO SPEEDING, you have enough tickets as it is Tamica. I'm not playing. Besides, I ain't going nowhere."


"You better not be. Give me 30 mins though, iigh?"

"Alright, bye."


I hung up the phone and retrieved my wallet. I’m so glad I had the option to pay at the pump, because I didn't feel like stumbling to the store and especially in the mist of all those dudes. I can't believe how many of them were piled in that car. I just wanted to put my $40.00 in and go see my lady.


I reached hit $21.34 on the tank when I noticed the music blasting suddenly stopped. My back was facing the actual store; so naturally I turned my head slightly to see if the dudes had finally left. They didn't. Another vehicle was parked beside them. An all black hummer sitting on 20 something's. I could see the Buick shaking wildly like somebody was jumping up and down on the inside. I turned back around to finish up my business. When I went to retrieve my receipt all the doors on the Hummer flew open and a bunch of dudes got out yelling and screaming. I couldn't really hear what they were saying. A couple guys ran out of the store carrying Redbulls and Swisha Sweets.


One guy who had to be at least 5'4 ran up to the guys at the Hummer. "Yo man what the fuck you want?!"


"Yeah, didn't we teach dat ass a lesson when we popped ya homeboy?!" this coming from the driver of the Buick; who was now in the face of the passenger of the Hummer.


I knew it was time to get the hell out of dodge. I hurried up and got my ass back in the car. That's when I heard the shots go off. I started my car and tried to speed away from the pump when I heard screaming. I had to pass by the dudes to get onto the street. I sped by as quickly as I could, and I saw 2 bodies laid out on the ground. One of them was the short dude that I heard speak first. I was almost past them when the driver's side door of the Hummer flew open and a guy tried to jump in front of my car. I got past him though; knocking him down. I saw sparks flying from the side of the light pole so I knew they were shooting at me. I instantly started to pray that nobody would follow me. I knew it was bad to think what I was thinking, but I hoped they just all killed each other and forgot all about me. I fumbled for my phone to call her back, not even wanting to call 911. I didn’t to be involved in that shit AT ALL. I was so nervous I dropped my phone on the floor of my car. SHIT! I was scared, but I kept driving. I cried and prayed all the way to her house; checking my rear view mirror every 2 seconds.


I made it through her apartment gates and swung my car in the first spot I saw. I was over the lines, basically taking up two spaces, but I didn't care. I ran up to her apartment and used the key that I had to enter. I fell out on the floor and she came into the living room not knowing what kind of mindset I was in. She could see that I had been crying and got down on the floor with me. I told her everything. We both prayed and thanked God that I got out of that situation alive. Anything could've happened. It's happened to innocent people so many times before.


We stayed up all night, because I couldn't sleep. I saw the story on Channel 2 news a few hours later. here was a 5 man body count; one of them being the cashier of the station. There was only one vehicle left on the scene; it was the Hummer. I called everybody that I knew to tell them what happened to me. I was so terrified, I didn't even want to leave her house. I had to though. My mother wanted me to come home to see her and my father. I kissed her goodbye and said I would be back soon. I got outside and noticed that my car was gone. I'd been towed for taking up those two spaces.


FACT OR FICTION???
3 Responses
  1. WiZ Says:

    Girl....you had me on the edge of the bed reading this. But I gotta say though......I think thats just some straight up bull right there....i mean fiction.

    Again, this was really tight. I feel reading it again too. hehe


  2. Miss Mika Says:

    I think of all the Fact or Fiction posts that Eb did, I was right once! So I am not the best at this...

    but I am going to try anyway!

    I don't know what it is, but something about this is screaming fiction. I don't know if it was you putting the exact detail of what dude walked out of the gas station with or simply that I wouldn't want to see this ever happening to you or anyone else.

    I vote fiction.


  3. Lmaoo, I made this one easy yall. Hell nah, this didn't happen to me. I'm pretty sure I would've caught a hot one if it did, because I'd be frozen at the pump peeing my pants! Oh and what up Miss. Mika!!!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)