Saying Goodbye to My Favorite Author

Wow, it's so much going on lately. Death is like sweeping through Hollywood, the music industry; just the world period. This is crazy, but unfortunately something that we were warned about. In this sinful world death is the promise of life. Scary though, but it is what it is.


Last week I found out that one of my favorite authors; E. Lynn Harris died at the age of 54 from a heart attack. Dude was still young! He was extremely talented. He was a homosexual man, and I can remember reading 'Invisible Life' back in high school. Back then I was struggling with my own sexuality, and reading his words and his biography helped me come to grips with myself as a person and what I prefer.


E. Lynn Harris' Bookshelf
I got em' ALL!!!


Invisible Live
Feb. 1994

Just As I Am
Feb. 1995



And This Too Shall Pass
Feb. 1997



If This World Were Mine
June 1998



Abide With Me
May 2000



Not A Day Goes By
May 2001



Any Way The Wind Blows
July 2002



A Love Of My Own
June 2003



What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
(A Memoir)
July 2004



I Say A Little Prayer
August 2007



Just Too Good to Be True
July 2008



Basketball Jones
January 2009



He gave so much variety in is publishing's. Although, most surrounded professional athletes on the down low; the plot was always thick and unpredictable. He was one of my idols when it comes to best selling authors. It's no secret that one day I want to have my own works published. Life is getting shorter and shorter. Before I leave this earth, I want my words dancing across the minds of people worldwide.


Rest in peace Mr. Harris


1 Response
  1. I read the Invisible Life in high school also. He was a excellent writer. His words will be missed...


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)