Welcome Back: The 3 Month Re-Cap
Almost three months since I've published anything here. Being so caught up in everyday life and every day problems just moved my blog to the backburner. Such is life right? Man, how can I reveal all that’s been going on with me in one post? Wow. I'll give it a shot anyway. I'm sure I'll miss something, but ya'll don’t need to know ALL of my business, loll.

Well, still working both of my jobs. Being a loyal employee to both companies. I haven't burned out just yet. The momentum is still going at a steady pace. I've accepted more responsibility at both companies. More stress? Nah, I don't take my work home with me. Can't go out like that yanno?

I've been spending a lot of time with family. My grandmother passed away on March 24th, and every since then we've all been trying to hold one another up as best as we can. She passed away at 96 years old in her sleep. Still living in her own apartment, walking, cooking, laughing and enjoying the remaining moments of her life. I've been recognizing the blessings in having such a strong legacy like that in my life. I inherited some amazing traits from my grandma. Strength, endurance, faith, loving-kindness, intelligence, and independence. The woman still had good sense up until the day she died, and you couldn't get over on her if you tried. You'd feel the hook end of that cane across the back of your head. Trust me, I know, lmao. The family took everything well, and we're just appreciative in the fact that she is finally resting in peace. She held us together. She brought us together on many occasions. Now it's up to us not to drift apart, because we are all we got.

I've been doing a lot of things for me as well. Pretty much been riding completely solo these past few months, if I hadn't been in the company of family. The friends are still around, but I haven't even been kicking it with any of them either. I've been grinding and concentrating on taking a new approach on life. 2009 has been a very interesting year. Major things have happened in these first 5 months. As if I didn't know it before, but this year has taught me that life is about as short as I stand. Too many people have passed away around me. I've been to 6 funerals in the past 3 months. So I had to take a step back from all the bullshit that I gave permission to seep into my life. I had to weed out the insignificant things, and concentrate on the things and people that really matter.

I've been taking my health into consideration as well. I'm only getting older and its only going to get harder and harder to maintain in a healthy manner. So I've had to make some serious alterations in my daily habits. I'm looking to kill two birds with one stone; health wise and financial wise. Straight discipline. It isn't easy, I'll say that much.

There have been some small altercations here and there, but none worth mentioning. you know I'm always in a debate of some kind with somebody. These altercations and interactions with seasonal people are just part of the insignificant things I've thrown down the garbage shoot. I can't entertain it anymore. Most have got to feel me on that one.

Other than the above things mentioned, that's about it. I'm ready to get back into the swing of things as far as my publishing's go. The page is under construction. I want to spruce it up, and give it a new feel. This month marked my one year anniversary on blogspot, and I'm happy to say that I'm still here. As long as my life goes on, I'm ready to write on.
8 Responses
  1. WiZ Says:

    welcome back girl. i thought you got eaten or something. loving the new look too. sorry to hear about your recent loss. my fiancee lost her grandfather the other day too.

    congrats on your blogger anniversary.


  2. Unknown Says:

    sorry about your grandma
    but i feel you completely on the having to weed people out shit ..


  3. I appreciate the love Wiz. Thanks for checking on me the other day too. Told you I'd be back! Sorry to hear about your girl's recent loss as well.


  4. Thanks Stephanie. Yeah, people are crazy and can seem to be a form of burden sometimes. I don't blame them for that. I blame myself for allowing them to bring me down in any type of way. They all can miss me with that at this moment in time though!


  5. T Says:

    good to see you back sorry to hear about grammy at least she lived a nice long life


  6. LOOK WHO IT IS!!!

    Hey Mama, Sorry to hear about your grandma, so many people passing away that its insane.
    I guess losing people is a part of growing up. I dont like that part.

    Im just glad you stopped in and said hey i was wondering where in the hell you were

    Ciao Bella!


  7. Thanks Taylor. Yeah she did live a very long life. That's a blessing.


  8. Hey Super Woman! Yeah dying is a part of living and growing. It sucks, and like you, is my most hated part of life. Glad to see some still read my words, loll. Thanks for the love.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)