To Snitch Or Not To Snitch

So I was listening to the radio this morning as I do every morning. Besides hearing about Al Reynolds; the man we all know as Star Jones' Ex-husband cleaning out his closet and convincing HIMSELF and the world that he is not gay on YouTube, and Jessie "I'll cut yo nuts off" Jackson still talking in that "hot mic" using the "N" word after supposedly boycotting it, I tuned into an interesting topic brought up on Jackie Reid's show. To snitch or not to snitch? And no she wasn't referring to you and your wanna be thug friends turning each other in to the feds for stealing honey buns from mom & pop stores. I had to clear that up, because you know some nigga is standing up right now, "Man, fuck snitches! I don't snitch, that's bitch made nigga!" Please sit your ass down, you and your lame friends don't even do anything worth snitching on anyway; have a seat.

No, this topic brought up the question: If you saw your friend's boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife out rendezvousing with another person, would you tell on them? Now I'm sure we've all thought about this question before and have been in this situation before. I know I have, and personally I'd rather not get involved. I don't believe it's my place to get in between a person and their relationship with someone else. It's not my business. I'm not a messy person and I hate drama, so contrary to what many muthafuckas believe; I'm not going to do anything to stir it up. Some will probably disagree and feel like if they call themselves a true friend, it's their responsibility to have their friend's back at all times and I agree. Trust me I do, because I'll cut for my TRUE friends. It's just that I've seen this movie so many times man.

If I am close friends with both parties of that relationship, I'm not going there. I will have to let fate play that one out. Now if I was close friends with just one party of the relationship; I will more than likely put my friend up on what I THINK I saw. I said think, because, you know some people are quick to call somebody out on something and don’t know what the fuck was really going on. A nigga could've been going to the store with their Grandmother, and the next thing you know, you're getting a text from your girl friend; "What bitch you in the store with? Yeah Keesha told me she seen you hand in hand with some old bitch with her wig leaning to the left, going into Wal-Mart nigga. We through! You ain't said shit, I been fucking your bestfriend anyway." You have NO IDEA what just happened as you're helping your poor old Grandmother pick out fresh apples in the produce section. She thinks you're constipated, because you have this strained look on your face. First of all, you want to whoop Keesha ass for sticking her nose where it doesn't belong, and whoop your now EX-girlfriend's ass for admitting to cheating on your ass.

Then you have those friends who are going to think you're hating on them and their relationship if you reveal what you THINK you saw between their mate and another person. You know some people are blinded by love and are living in complete denial and just don’t want to hear anything wrong their mate might be doing. Their ignorance is bliss and it's sad. So if you snitch to that friend on their mate, you'll more than likely loose that friend, because they are going to flip out on you and block you out of their life. Catch 22. So this is the only reason why I stated that I'd rather just stay out of it. It all depends on all parties involved, how close I am with this "friend", would they do the same thing for me, and the scenario within itself. I would rather just let fate and time have one hell of hump session, conceive that love/hate child we all know as KARMA and watch the fireworks go the fuck off! Mica stays in her lane at all times. Please believe me.
Labels: | edit post
1 Response
  1. Well done. I've been checkin out your page for the last couple of days and it just keeps getting betta.

    As for the snitching part...I'm no snitch but I am a Attention Getter. Yeah, you may not feel comfortable telling a "friend" what you THINK you saw. But theres no harm in making sure the guilty party (if in fact they are guilty of creepin) that you've seen them. Just politely walk over, catch they eye, or even tap them on the shoulder and give them a quick "Hey, how you doing?" Then be sure to ask then where "Keesha's" at. That way they know you've butsed them (if thats the case). Most guilty people will run back to their significant other and tell on themselves b-4 you even have to.

    All in all, you've done you're job as a friend. So just in case your friend does come and ask you "hey, Bob told me he seen you in the store the other day" you can say "Yeah, I ran into him at the Wal-Mart."

    All ya bases are covered if the conversation gets more elaborate.

    Techincally, you're still not snitching. You're simply answering a question.

    At least thats how I would do it.

    Much Respect
    Tina-B
    http://undeniablydeep.blogspot.com


Related Posts with Thumbnails
  • The Lovies

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex

    Love, Relationships, Lust & Sex
    Check out my 2nd Blog. (Click the pic)